Friday, March 2, 2012

Antiquing

And, no not the flour-type. I didn't spend last weekend sneaking in to people's rooms and throwing flour in the direction of their faces.

What I did do, was spend Thursday, Friday and Saturday with Jake's lovely mum, Leanne and his sister Ashleigh, browsing shops, antiquing, and drinking plenty of coffee.

I was in Rockhampton, eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new addition to our family (more on that later), and during those three days, I got to spend lots of time with Jake's family who have a house in Gracemere.

We hit the shops on Friday morning, and sourced the most beautiful antiques. I got a gorgeous bevelled edge mirror (which I've been hunting down for months) and some lovely floral saucers for tea cups. 

We stopped in for coffee, had a jam drop or two, and had a lovely time in each other's company.

It was the icing on the cake, to the best weekend of the year - welcoming my beautiful new niece Sadie Meg. Oh, she is just lovely, and there will be many posts obsessing over her button nose, owl eyes and thick dark hair very, very soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment