Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A conversation with a counter girl

I'm not going to try and cover it up, or lie - but I was actually most excited about David Jones on our recent trip away.

Yes, my friend, David. I could not wait to peruse those white glossy make up counters, with his enticing Christmas gift packs, specials and new prods, that are used to lure naive customers in on purchasing perfectly wrapped presents for themselves when they should be shopping for others.

I was sucked in on all of the above. I tested new lip liners, held up O.P.I nail polish swabs to my hands, contemplated a few new NARS make up brushes and even bought a Chanel eye shadow - which is totally justified below.

Me: I really want this eye shadow, I've seen it everywhere and I think the colour would make my green eyes POP!
Beth: It is really nice, I don't think it would be too expensive, I've got Chanel foundation and it's not bad at all.
Me: Right, where is the make up counter girl at? I'm not buying it if it's over $40 - that's my limit.
Make up counter girl: Hi can I help you?
Me: How much is this one?
Make up counter girl: $44
Me: I'll take it.
Make up counter girl: whoops, we're sold out.

* * *

Me: Do you think Myer would have it?
Beth: Yes, let’s go see, and while we’re there we’ll see if they have the Clinique Chubby Sticks gift packs

***

Me: Hi, do you have the Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Eyeshadow in Ebloui?
Make up counter girl: Yes, we do, it’s $48.
Me: I’ll take it.

Totally worth it though. That maroon/bronze delight in a glass jar is the best thing to hit my lids since my Clinique Truffle.

*Other minor purchases below.

NARS lip brush
Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey
CUE skirt and shirt.
O.P.I nail polish


No comments:

Post a Comment