Wednesday, April 13, 2011

C is for Cosmetics

I think everybody here is aware of my online shopping 'problem' - let's just call it what it is. 
I have however moved on from homewares, accessories and craft purchasing to the much bigger and better world wide web of cosmetics.

I will admit that I used to have a minor, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder to using the one product, and that was Revlon.  Growing up with one chemist in town that stocked, Australis, Coral Colours and Revlon we were fairly limited, and I would only like to spend the stingy $20 on all the necessary prods for my face.  This usually included a glitter eyeliner, too-orange-for-my-complexion foundation, sparkly lipgloss and a cheap gluggy mascara - Ew, ew, ew. 

Revlon has sustained me though over the many years of make up applying.  I love their foundation, it's smooth and just matte enough not to show off an oily T-zone. I love, Revlon prods, and always will. 

The dilemma with my online shopping addiction was however, that I wanted to branch out like a newly sprouted tree and start purchasing other prods to feed my addiction.  I always had a problem with using other products, because I didn't think you could mix a Revlon foundation with a Mac mascara and a Benefit bronzer - c-razy, I know. 

Thanks to my fast fingers and my burnt out card though, I am now sampling the whole shiz. 

I am limited to a few favourite brands though, so here they are.  These are my sworn my beauty products that I am now limited to, and my favourite picks from each brand that are in my cosmetic case (which has exploded in the last few weeks).


These are the fab four which I love, and here is a product from each brand which I will love indefinitely.

1. Revlon
2. Benefit
3. Mac
4. Kit Cosmetics

Benefit Brows-a-go-go
I love a good 'brow, and this little compact kit is fabulous - it has everything you need from wax, filler and highlighters to make your eyes pop!

Kit Cosmetics Duo Cheek and Lip Creme
This is not only cute and compact, but the orange stain is peachy keen for your cheeks as is the pretty pink.  Each stain can be used on lips aswell, so pucker up, bad girl this one is good to go.





Mac lipstick in Chilli
This lipstick is heaven.  The red sweeps across with a burnt orange hue, and is a perfect colour for when you don't want that 'bright' red, but still want to have that red punch.



Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner in Blackest Black
This liquid liner is the best I've ever used.  It sweeps on easily, and lasts for donkey's years. I've only ever had two bottles and I use this bad boy all the time.

* I have copius amounts of all 4 of these brands, but I'm a little embarrassed to include them all in this post, because it would be much longer than needed, just as Mariah Carey's 'Glitter' was.
** Bird I know you love, 'Glitter'.

No comments:

Post a Comment