Monday, April 12, 2010

Mixed Tape Mondays

Music is the food for our souls, or something like that.  Shakespeare am I correct?

Anyhoo, I love mixing tapes (cd's actually, but tapes sound much better) When I was little I would always have mixed tapes in my walkman, with a big strip of masking tape splashed across the cassette with black marker stating the obvious which was always - Meg's Mixed Tape - followed with a drawing of a flower. It was my thing, sad I know, but it just doesn't seem as cool now that we have mp3's, cd players and all that jazz...

If I were to make a mixed tape now it would have the following spun onto its record, to show off my mood for the moment. I would want to listen to it just as I did as a little one - jeans on, long plait in my hair, sitting downstairs with my cat thinking I was a dreamer.  Hurrah to mixed tapes!


1. Regina Spektor - Us
2. Cat Power - He War
3. She & Him - Don't Look Back
4. Feist - Mushaboom
5. Led Zeppelin - Tangerine
6. Frou Frou - Let Go
7. Nick Drake - One of these Things First
8. Simon & Garfunkel - The Only Living Boy in New York
9. The Waifs - Highway One
10. Whitley - Poison in Our Pocket
11. Sia - Buttons
12. Antsy Pants - Tree hugger
13. Barry Louis Polisar - All I Want Is You
14. Ben Kweller - Penny On A Train Track
15. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - Home

What would yours be? right now? for this moment, the songs to describe your mood, strangely enough each song title is something that has crossed my mind during the past couple of days - with the exception of "The Only Living Boy in New York".  x

2 comments:

  1. Anything by Florence and the Machine is great atm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do love Florence, her music and her hair very much

    ReplyDelete